I had someone come out to quote new gutters and the gutter dome, specifically gutter dome. I was not happy with the way the company represented themselves, or the product design they offered.

I wanted another option to get Gutter Dome installed as I really liked their product offering. I called Gutter Dome to get an authorized dealer in my area, and was told they didn't give out that info. They would take my info and have the closest dealer contact me, which was the same company I already decided I wasn't interested in working with. Gutter Dome continued to explain to me how that dealer was the only one they would share, and that I should contact them to work out my differences if I wanted a Gutter Dome product.

They told me they had several companies that sold Gutter Dome in my area, but that I would have to find them on my own. At one point, their customer service representative stated that I was 'too difficult of a customer, and they didn't want to work with someone like that anyway.' This was shocking, the manufacturer is protecting the dealer, and standing behind the dealer regardless of the complaint. I can't imagine what would happen if I had a problem with the install that the dealer wouldn't address. Based on the protection I saw during the quoting process, I can only assume the manufacturer would only side with the dealer, regardless of circumstance.

When I inquired about an installation issue, I was assured that couldn't happen because Gutter Dome only selects the best dealers. I represent 30 different manufacturers (in a different industry) and have never seen a manufacturer back an installer/dealer like Gutter Dome does. I inquired if this company was their only installer in my area, and was assured they had 'several' and that if I wanted to use Gutter Dome than I should 'grab a Yellow Pages and start calling gutter companies until I find another one that sell their products.' Insane, as a manufacturer I would think they would want me to be comfortable with my purchase, and encourage me to find the right person for the job, not protect the dealer network to the point of making the customer concerned with post installation issues if they have problems. I would be very careful with using this product if you have any reservations with your installer.

It may, or may not be a good product, I can not speak to that, it looks like it could be a great product, even 'the best on the market' as they stated many many times during our call... But the end result is that as the homeowner, I need to be comfortable with the person who is actually working on my home, and Gutter Dome sees to know better than I do when it comes to that.

Review about: Gutter Dome Gutters Installation.

I liked: Product design.

I didn't like: Customer service, Company policies, Company dishonesty.

Comments

What was the name of the gutter company that came out to give you an estimate for installation? Might not have even been offering you the Gutter Dome product and tried selling you a cheap competitor ripoff.